Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 Firewire / Thunderbolt Audio Interface - The Saffire PRO 24 is the latest Focusrite Audio Interface. Here at Inta Audio we love Focusrite's new Pro 24 due to its rock solid drivers and detailed "focusrite Sound". As with all Focusrite interfaces, the Saffire PRO 24 is the best sounding interface in its
class, attentively designed with recording musicians and the modern home studio in mind.
Twenty-five years of mic-pre excellence form the foundation of this new interface, with two award-winning Focusrite pre-amps. These combine with the very latest in mix control software and FireWire interfacing technology to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
With Saffire PRO 24, sonic integrity reigns supreme. The two Focusrite pre-amps ensure low noise and distortion, whilst quality digital conversion and JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology ensure pristine audio quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains.
Alongside the two Focusrite pre-amps are a host of I/O options; two additional analogue inputs, six analogue outputs, ADAT inputs (for expanding the interface with, for example, Focusrite’s OctoPre), stereo SPDIF I/O and 2 virtual ‘loopback’ inputs for routing digital
audio between software applications - ideal for capturing online audio. Front panel 5-LED metering for each analogue input offers detailed viewing of levels.
Focusrite Mix and control
Saffire Mix Control, the zero-latency 18 x 8 DSP Mixer/Router software provided with Saffire PRO 24, sets a new standard at this price point for audio interface control. It features flexible output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click set-up solutions designed to help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.
Saffire PRO 24 also comes with all the additional tools needed to start making music straight away. These include the latest version of the Focusrite Plug-in Suite, providing a significant upgrade from your standard sequencer effects. The suite includes Compression, Reverb,
Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
Focusrite Xcite+ Software Bundle (included)
Focusrite’s established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle features Ableton Live Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation’s Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters and ‘Mike the Drummer’.
Focusrite’s Saffire PRO 24 is designed to capture every subtle nuance of your recordings, dropped seamlessly and effortlessly into the digital domain, leaving you free to enjoy the freedom of a creative modern music making experience.
We always quote 'real world' performance figures (measured to the AES17 standard). Some companies choose to quote chipset performance, which is misleading, and here's why.
• Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 106dB
• SNR (A-weighted): -105.3dB
• Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
• THD+N: 0.001% (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
• Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analogue to digital) (measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
• Maximum level (A-weighted): 8.6dBu at 1%
• Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 106.5dB
• SNR (A-weighted): -106dB
• Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
• THD+N (A-Weighted): < 0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
• Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
• Maximum level (A-weighted): 16.3dBu at 1%
• • Frequency Response 20Hz-20KHz +/- 0.1dB
• Maximum Input Level min gain no pad +8dBu
• Maximum Input Level max gain no pad -42dBu
• THD+N, -1dBFS, min gain, no pad < 0.0015%
• SNR 105dB "A"
• DNR 105dB "A"
• Input Impedance > 1MOhm
• X-talk < -100dB
• Adjustable Gain > 50dB
• Pad Attenuation 10dB
• Frequency Response 20Hz-20KHz +/- 0.1dB
• SNR 105dB "A"
• DNR 105dB "A"
• Maximum Output into 32R +12.4dBu (+10.2dBV)
• Power into 32R 250mW
• Output Impedance < 7Ohms
• Load Impedance > 24Ohms
Line level Outputs
• Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 105dB
• SNR (A-weighted): -104.5dB
• THD+N: < 0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
• Maximum level (A-weighted): 16.13dBu at 0.885%
Additional Conversion Performance
• Clock jitter < 250 picoseconds
• THD+N AMPL (A-weighted)= -107dBFS
Analogue Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-4)
• 2 x XLR Mic/Line Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Inputs 1-2)
• 2 x XLR Instrument Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Instrument on inputs 1 and 2 only)
Automatic switch of Mic / Line (inserting a jack switches from Mic to either Line or Instrument (instrument selected via the software control panel)
Line inputs 3-4 have low and high gain settings can be controlled from the Saffire MixControl software (low gain being the default)
Digital Channel Inputs (Inputs 5-14) 44.1-96kHz
• Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
• 1 x 8 channel ADAT input on Optical Connector (SDPIF 3&4 set in preferences menu)
Analogue Audio Outputs (Outputs 1-6)
6 x TRS analogue outputs (Outputs 1-6)
1 x TRS stereo headphone output (headphone mix 1 same as outputs 3 & 4)
Digital Channel Outputs (Outputs 7-8) 44.1-96kHz
• Stereo S/PDIF output on RCA
• 1 x 6-pin Firewire socket
• 2 Standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors: In and Out
• 12V DC power input connector for use with external PSU
Weight and Dims
• 1.6kg / 3.5 lbs
• 215mm / 8.5" (W) x 45mm / 1.8" (H) x 220mm / 8.65" (D)
Windows Vista (All Versions) or Windows XP SP2 or higher (All
Windows compatible computer with FireWire 400 port.
Pentium or AMD with 1 GHz or higher (Dual 1 GHz or better
512 MB (more recommended)
1024x768 (1280x1024 or more recommended)
OSX (10.4.11 or later, including 10.5)
Apple Macintosh with FireWire 400 port (or 800 port with 800 to 400 adaptor)
PowerPC G4/Dual 1 GHZ or faster or any Intel-based Mac
512 MB (more recommended)
1024x768 (1280x1024 or more recommended)
Digital Downloads (buying software)
All software marked as "serial download" or "digital download" will be delivered via email within normal office hours.
Simply add the software to the basket and at the delivery stage in the checkout please select "Digital Download - Software by email" as your delivery method
Delivery Charges (Main Products)
All orders over £20.00 will be delivered free via our standard delivery 2-3 days (UK Mainland)
If you need your item faster we also offer a Priority Tracked service at £3.99 (1-2 days) or Next Day Tracked £5.99
(please ensure you add a mobile number to your order for tracking)
Saturday delivery is available when ordered before 2pm (Mon-Fri)
All orders below £20.00 will start as low as £1.99 depending upon weight and qty(s) (UK Mainland)
All Delivery options will be available at the delivery stage in the checkout
EU Delivery Times
Non UK Mainland Addresses please allow 1-3 Days
Delivery To Belgium / France / Germany please allow 3-4 Days
Music PC Systems - Please allow 5-7 Working Days build time (UK) 7-14 (Rest of the World)
French - Pour la Livraison s'il vous plaît permet en France 2-4 Jours
German - Für Lieferung Nach Deutschland erlaubt bitte 2-4 Tage
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Inta Audio is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Inta Audio of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 (or e-mail email@example.com). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 28 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Inta Audio.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Inta Audio to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369898 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.