The Clarett 4Pre is Focusrite’s compact 18-in, 8-out Thunderbolt audio interface which includes four mic preamps, class-leading digital conversion and astonishing low latency that simplifies your workflow and lets you use plug-ins in real time. Clarett’s new mic pre offers extra-low noise and distortion, plus the switchable analogue “Air” effect that emulates the sound of Focusrite’s renowned ISA preamps. Complete with Focusrite’s precision 24/192 conversion offering up to 119dB real-world dynamic range, there’s never been a better, faster or easier way of getting audio into or out of a DAW.
Excellent sound is the quality Clarett owners love most. With up to 119dB dynamic range, superbly low noise, precision 24/192 conversion and eight specially-designed mic preamps with a unique analogue “Air” effect, Clarett 4Pre simply sounds great, easily out-performing other interfaces in its class and beyond. Meanwhile, its astonishing 1.38ms round-trip latency* simplifies your workflow and lets you use your favourite plug-ins in real time.
Clarett 4Pre comes with a sweet sounding plug-in collection comprising Softube’s Time and Tone Bundle, with TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay, Saturation Knob and Drawmer S73 Multi-band compressor. The Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite complements this, accurately modelling Focusrite’s classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
The Clarett 4Pre, like the rest of the Clarett range, includes class-leading precision Focusrite 24/192 digital audio conversion with up to 119dB dynamic range, and combines it with astonishingly low round-trip latency – latency so low that it’s possible to monitor recordings via effects plugins on the DAW such as reverberation, all within a single mix environment for the best possible recording workflow. There’s never been a better, faster or easier way of getting audio into or out of a DAW.
*Measured using Pro Tools 10 @96kHz, 64-sample buffer on a Mac Book Pro.
Clarett 4Pre Key Features
Compact yet versatile
18 inputs and eight outputs in a desktop format characterise the Clarett 4Pre, with four analogue inputs and two stereo headphone outputs on the front panel, alongside a host of connectivity on the rear, including an ADAT input for the addition of eight more inputs from, for example, a digital mic pre.
Plug straight in
Four universal mic/line/instrument inputs on the front panel ensure immediate access to the four primary analogue inputs. The newly designed DI’s on Clarett 4Pre allow for even the hottest of guitar pick-ups and deliver a sonic performance that outstrips many dedicated DI’s.
Revolutionise your work flow
Clarett Thunderbolt offers astonishingly low round-trip latency (1.38ms*), simplifying your recording and monitoring workflow, and allowing you to use plug-ins in real-time.
Four New Clarett Mic Pres with extra ‘Air’
The mic pres have been designed especially for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion. They feature a switchable “Air” effect – an analogue model of Focusrite’s renowned ISA transformer-based preamps. The Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup.
Line level inputs for synths and more
Four dedicated line level TRS jack inputs are provided on the rear panel, along with four line outputs, S/PDIF I/O and eight channels of ADAT in.
Precision digital conversion
Clarett features Focusrite’s class-leading precision 24/192 conversion. With up to 119dB dynamic range, Clarett offers the cleanest way yet to get music in and out of your DAW.
‘Gain Halo’ Metering
Focusrite's unique ‘gain halo’ metering provides clear ‘go/no-go’ indication of levels to avoid clipping. Gain controls have been optimised for smoother, more natural adjustment.
Dual high-power headphone outputs
The two wide dynamic range headphone outputs are powerful enough to deliver plenty of level, even on high impedance headphones – perfect for both tracking and mixing.
Software Mixer for maximum control – Focusrite Control is a brand new software mixer designed with a traditional mixer workflow for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control also allows immediate access to internal hardware functions.
Classic processor plugins included
Every Clarett includes Softube’s Time and Tone Bundle, with TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay, Saturation Knob and Multi-band compressor, as well as the Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite.
Digital Downloads (buying software)
All software marked as "serial download" or "digital download" will be delivered via email within normal office hours.
Simply add the software to the basket and at the delivery stage in the checkout please select "Digital Download - Software by email" as your delivery method
Delivery Charges (Main Products)
All orders over £20.00 will be delivered free via our standard delivery 2-3 days (UK Mainland)
If you need your item faster we also offer a Priority Tracked service at £3.99 (1-2 days) or Next Day Tracked £5.99
(please ensure you add a mobile number to your order for tracking)
Saturday delivery is available when ordered before 2pm (Mon-Fri)
All orders below £20.00 will start as low as £1.99 depending upon weight and qty(s) (UK Mainland)
All Delivery options will be available at the delivery stage in the checkout
EU Delivery Times
Non UK Mainland Addresses please allow 1-3 Days
Delivery To Belgium / France / Germany please allow 3-4 Days
Music PC Systems - Please allow 5-7 Working Days build time (UK) 7-14 (Rest of the World)
French - Pour la Livraison s'il vous plaît permet en France 2-4 Jours
German - Für Lieferung Nach Deutschland erlaubt bitte 2-4 Tage
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Inta Audio is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Inta Audio of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 (or e-mail email@example.com). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 28 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Inta Audio.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Inta Audio to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369898 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.