BFD2: an acoustic drum production environment for your computer with unprecedented power and flexibility. Extreme realism and sound quality, fast and easy set up, total plug-in integration to your digital audio workstation.
Setting up your ultimate drumkit
Customized 10, 18 or 32 piece kits are at your fingertips, with full control over tuning, damping, ambience levels, velocity response and more. Layer parts of the kit for powerful hybrid sounds perfect for modern productions and flick through preset kit-piece profiles for quick access to dry, damped and other useful settings. BFD2 lets you configure your sounds like a real drum kit instead of pushing buttons on a sampler.
You can even import your own stereo sample-sets with multiple velocity layers so you can mix and layer your own sounds with BFD2's for experimental kits and 'drum-replacement' production tricks.
A universe of detail and sonic power
The hyper-detailed 55GB library features sounds with multiple articulations recorded with up to 96 velocity layers to open up new worlds of rhythmic expression. BFD2 makes it possible to program or play convincing nuances and ghost notes, intricately varied and dynamic hihat parts, elaborate cymbal workouts and visceral kick and snare lines.
The refined tone and definition of the space at London's legendary AIR Lyndhurst studios is captured with two pairs of room mics, including a mid/side set. Meanwhile, the kit is mic'd with stereo overheads and mono close directs. All audio is routed through the magic of a custom Neve desk with Air Montserrat preamps into Prism A/D converters, sealing the foundations of a killer drum sound.
BFD2 is compatible with the entire BFD library, so if you've already bought FXpansion or third-party expansion packs you'll be able to use them in BFD2 and take advantage of all the new sound shaping features to get even more out of your investment.
Mix, route and process
BFD2's flexible, comprehensive mixing console lets you blend, route, submix and process the mic channels just like a real-world drum recording. Tweak bleed levels, play with ambient mic width, create aux sends and patch sidechain effects to shape your drums into infinite variations that sound convincing and powerful. The built-in processors include circuit-modelled dynamics, filters and distortion to deliver fat and floor-shaking sounds, while the flanger, bitcrusher, ring mod, delay and other effects allow subtle to extreme timbral variety.
In fact, the depth and scope of BFD2's mixer rivals that of many fully-fledged sequencing hosts, meaning that you don't have to worry about setting up multiple outputs in your host for mixing your drums. If you want to take advantage of external reverbs and other plugins or outboard you can route channels freely to any of the 32 available outputs. However, if you're more of a musician than an engineer, you may prefer to browse through the supplied presets from experienced studio veterans, suitable for a variety of musical styles.
A versatile and full-featured Groove engine
BFD2's Groove engine provides the perfect environment for editing patterns, setting up performance modes and applying humanization effects for added realism. Although you can create and record your own Grooves, over 5000 stylistically diverse patterns are ready for you to slot straight into your productions or edit and combine with elements of each other to make new, customized parts. You can even lay out a sequence of Grooves to form a full drum track entirely within BFD2.
If you're a previous user of BFD, you'll love the new time-saving and powerful functional enhancements in the Groove engine like the advanced editor, synced audition previews, individual start and end actions for each Groove and improved sorting, searching and management of your Groove library.
And even more...
Further improvements in BFD2 include the new, intuitive keymapping editor, easier electronic drum setup, comprehensive management of kits and presets, a revamped internal engine, totally re-designed interface, and several ways of exporting multichannel audio directly from BFD2. For example, being able to quickly and effortlessly export individual Grooves as audio makes BFD2 the ultimate custom breakbeat factory.
‘If you thought BFD 1.5 was good prepare to be astounded. BFD 2 is not, unlike so many "upgrades" just a cosmetic makeover with a few new bits tacked on but a ground up rebuild. It is a totally new instrument that uses the best aspects of its predecessor, presents them in a completely new but easy to learn GUI then adds some really powerful new features such as the comprehensive set of FXs that can be used via, the superb, flexible new mixer page… Check out the web site, look at the images of the new interface and just admit that like me, you can't wait to get your hands on it!’
Ian Little – Producer (Roxy Music, Duran Duran)
Please note free delivery cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, for example discount codes.
Normal Charges are:
All orders over £20.00 (excluding PC systems) will be delivered free (UK Mainland)
All orders below £20.00 will start as low as £2.49 depending upon weight and qty(s)
Typically most items such as an Audio Interface or a Microphone would cost £5.49. (UK Mainland)
Delivery of PC Systems is £19.99. (This includes Insurance and Packing Materials)
UK Mainland 1-2 Days
Non UK Mainland Addresses please allow 1-3 Days
Delivery To Belgium / France / Germany please allow 2-3 Days
Music PC Systems - Please allow 5- 7 Working Days (UK) 7-14 (Rest of the World)
French - Pour la Livraison s'il vous plaît permet en France 2-3 Jours
German - Für Lieferung Nach Deutschland erlaubt bitte 2-3 Tage
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Inta Audio is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Inta Audio of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369897 (or e-mail email@example.com). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 28 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Inta Audio.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Inta Audio to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369897 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.