Please note, this product is a serial download and not a boxed version. Once your order has been placed, you will be emailed shortly after will a download key to access your software. You can manage your software on the Toontrack Product Manager (Link Below).
Toontrack SDX Roots - Brushes, Rods & Mallets
Please note: requires Superior Drummer version 2.3 to operate
Toontrack went to Nashville´s Blackbird Studio to record the ultimate Jazz library but walked out with something far bigger; drums that transcend the narrow confines of a genre and rather define an era - an age of music spanning from Jazz, Blues to Hip Hop and Rock. Meet the Roots SDX™ for Superior Drummer® 2.0, likely one of the world´s most comprehensive drum sample libraries ever recorded.
Having a massive selection of instruments as well as Blackbird Studio´s stock of 1400 Microphones, 35 channels of Pultec EQ, 24 channels of Fairchild compression and hundreds of outboard mic/pre channels including Telefunken, Neve, API, RCA and Chandler at our disposal, the signal chain that the Roots SDX™ libraries were recorded through would leave even the most seasoned veterans in utter awe. And as you can hear from the demos, the result isn´t only natural, warm and inviting, it has an almost seductive magic to it.
Drummer and world musician Roy "Futureman" Wooten heard every single hit and swirl recorded as part of a larger whole, as part of a musical sequence rather than as a solitary, monotonous hit and the result permeates every sample with an intensity and force unheard of before. These sounds incarnate the past, embody the present and at the same time how they will help you shape the sound of tomorrow through Superior Drummer´s endless possibilities.
• Recorded by Roy "Futureman" Wooten in Blackbird Studio Nashville, TN
• Approximately 28 GB of raw, unprocessed sounds
• A total of 23 separately recorded, tweakable channels available in the mixer
• Custom MIDI included
• Large selection of different drums and cymbals (Pearl, Gretsch, Ludwig, Zildjian, Paiste)
In the Mixer
• 16 mono, 7 stereo
• Decca Tree (3 mono mics)
• Acoustic live reverb chamber
• 3 different ambience stereo mic pairs
• 3 different OH mics
• 3 different kick drum mics
• 3 different snare drums mics
• 1 extra "trash" mic
Neve 8078 - Originally placed in Motown Studios (LA), then owned by Donald Fagen. The Neve 8078 was the last of the "80 series" hand-wired analogue mixing consoles designed and manufactured by Neve for high-end recording studios during the 1970s. These consoles are considered by many experts to be the Rolls Royce of desks and are highly sought after. Each console took several months to build using over 2,500 hours of highly skilled labour and top quality components. It would now be uneconomic to manufacture such equipment to this standard.
Shadow Hills Gamma (nickel transformer) - Used on the toms, similar to api,neve style pres, but have variable (nickel, steel), or discrete output tranformers.
RCA OP-6 - holy grail tube preamp from the ´30s with 95 db of gain
Classic tube mic, A pressure gradient-operated mic in which the difference in pressure between two physical points provides the driving force for the diaphragm. Another contributor to the 47’s characteristic sound is it´s proximity effect and that it has an earthshaking boost in the bass region when it’s switched to the cardioid, or unidirectional positions.
Classic ribbon microphone, the natural sound can also be made to sound warm, big, and syrupy (Bing Crosby-like) when placed within two or three feet of the source. Very popular in the 40´s-50´s as a radio broadcast mic.
Speaker from a Yamaha NS-10 studio monitor flipped out of phase to produce enhanced lower frequencies of kick drums.
Industry standard dynamic mic, widely used in studio and in live applications for snare drums, electric guitars etc.
Identical acoustics to legendary CK 1, precise, nearly frequency independent cardioid, extremely accurate signal transfer and ruler-flat on-axis frequency response.
The C 12 is a studio condenser microphone of the highest professional quality. The first choice of many studios and engineers for their flagship microphone.
Nine different directional characteristics can be selected by means of a remote control unit without any change in frequency response or sensitivity. In addition to three basic characteristics, omni-directional, cardioid and bi-directional, six intermediate patterns (including hypercardioids) are available.
SAX GML (Sheffield audio labs)
George Massenburg´s personal SAX microphones, built using the best components from 8 AKG C12 microphones.
A newer company that makes close to exact versions of the classic older ribbon mics, this version is used a lot for stereo overheads and piano.
TELEFUNKEN 251 Pair
Cool because the serial numbers are so close (almost consecutive) which makes them perfect for a matched stereo pair, Probably one of the most sought after and really rare for their sonic clarity and detail.
A pair of these would cost about 40,000 dollars today!
Originally used as a broadcast microphone by the BBC, has recently become a standard drum room ribbon mic.
This is a funky old ribbon microphone that you probably will not see anywhere else these days, it is a 1930´s microphone, and really rare. Here is paired with the RCA OP-6 preamp from the ´30´s w/ 95db of gain! So, a true classic sonic color is added to the sound.
Omni-directional tube mic, popular in classical recordings, and using these with decca tree configuration creates a very natural room sound.
A very unusual tube microphone, small diaphram, very detailed, used in close to the drummers ears to create the drummers perspective of what he´s hearing.
The classic Beatles mic, dynamic, compresses really, really well, used in a tube hidden in pass through next to the studio room
Pos1: 22" K Zildjian Constantinople Medium
Pos2: Bosphorus Ferit Series
Pos3: 22" K Zildjian Constantinople Light
Pos4: 22" Sabian HHX Manhattan Ride
14" Masterworks Meritamon Series
18" Pearl Reference Series with closed heads
22" Gretsch USA Custom Series
22" Ludwig Maple Psychedelic
22" Damped Ludwig Maple Psychedelic
Pearl 50th anniversary Solid Maple Shell
(#3 of 100 ever made)
10" Gretsch USA Custom Series
12" & 14" Pearl Reference Series
16" Slingerland Radio king
Superior Drummer® 2.0 needs to be installed, authorized and updated to version 2.3 for this product to operate.
All orders over £20.00 will be delivered free via our standard delivery 2-4 days (UK Mainland)
If you need your item faster we also offer a Priority Tracked service at £3.99 (1-2 days) or Next Day Tracked £5.99
(please ensure you add a mobile number to your order for tracking)
Saturday delivery is available when ordered before 2pm (Mon-Fri)
All orders below £20.00 will start as low as £2.49 depending upon weight and qty(s) (UK Mainland)
All Delivery options will be available at the checkout
EU Delivery Times
Non UK Mainland Addresses please allow 1-3 Days
Delivery To Belgium / France / Germany please allow 3-4 Days
Music PC Systems - Please allow 5- 7 Working Days build time (UK) 7-14 (Rest of the World)
French - Pour la Livraison s'il vous plaît permet en France 2-4 Jours
German - Für Lieferung Nach Deutschland erlaubt bitte 2-4 Tage
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Inta Audio is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Inta Audio of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369897 (or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 28 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Inta Audio.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Inta Audio to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369897 or email us at email@example.com.