Rode VideoMic Pro R 2015 - DSLR & Camcorder Microphone
The new  version of the VideoMic Pro from Rode improves on an already hugely popular and successful design to incorporate in-built Rycote shockmounting plus an improved sensitivity and self-noise capsule, retaining all important +20dB for clean DSLR audio and more.
Rode VideoMic Pro Main Features
The RØDE VideoMic Pro is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio.
At the heart of the VideoMic Pro is an all-new 1/2" condenser capsule that provides broadcast-quality audio via a 3.5mm minijack connector (outputting the mono signal to both left and right channels) with an incredibly low self-noise of just 14db. A super-cardioid polar pattern ensures that surrounding audio is minimised, and your recording is focused on the subject in front of the camera.
The integrated Rycote® Lyre® based shock mounting system separates the VideoMic Pro capsule and electronics from its mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre® provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
Easily accessible on the rear face of the microphone are the power, filter and level controls. In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
Below these controls are the level settings, which attenuate or boost the recorded level as required. The -10dB level attenuation (or PAD) is ideal for recording loud sound sources, such as live music, motorsport, or interviews where the subject is very close to the camera. The +20dB level boost is designed for use with DSLR cameras, allowing the user to reduce the camera's preamp level (or mic-input level), effectively reducing the amount of noise generated by the camera's comparatively low quality audio circuitry.
The microphone uses a standard sized shoe mount for on camera use, and features a 3/8" thread in the base of the mount for easy boom pole mounting.
The VideoMic pro is battery powered, and provides over 70 hours recording from a single 9V battery.
The RØDE VideoMic is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
PLEASE NOTE: The VMPR is not compatible with existing Deadcat VMP - a separate Deadcat VMPR will be released later.
|Acoustic Principle||Line Gradient|
|Active Electronics||JFET impedance converter|
|Frequency Range||40Hz - 20kHz(selected HPF @80)|
|Maximum SPL||134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K? load)|
|Maximum Output Level||6.9dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K? load|
|Sensitivity||-32.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (20.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)||14dB-A|
|Dimensions||100mmH x 75mmW x 170mmD|
|Warranty||1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration here|
Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
Address Type: End
Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz(selected HPF @80)
Output Impedance: 200?
Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K? load)
Maximum Output Level: 6.9dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K? load
Sensitivity: -32.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (20.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 14dB-A
Power Options: 9V Battery
Dimensions: 100mmH x 75mmW x 170mmD
Output: Minijack Output
Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 10 years
5 out of 5
Digital Downloads (buying software)
All software marked as "serial download" or "digital download" will be delivered via email within normal office hours.
Simply add the software to the basket and at the delivery stage in the checkout please select "Digital Download - Software by email" as your delivery method
Delivery Charges (Main Products)
All orders over £20.00 will be delivered free via our standard delivery 2-3 days (UK Mainland)
If you need your item faster we also offer a Priority Tracked service at £3.99 (1-2 days) or Next Day Tracked £5.99
(please ensure you add a mobile number to your order for tracking)
Saturday delivery is available when ordered before 2pm (Mon-Fri)
All orders below £20.00 will start as low as £1.99 depending upon weight and qty(s) (UK Mainland)
All Delivery options will be available at the delivery stage in the checkout
EU Delivery Times
Non UK Mainland Addresses please allow 1-3 Days
Delivery To Belgium / France / Germany please allow 3-4 Days
Music PC Systems - Please allow 5-7 Working Days build time (UK) 7-14 (Rest of the World)
French - Pour la Livraison s'il vous plaît permet en France 2-4 Jours
German - Für Lieferung Nach Deutschland erlaubt bitte 2-4 Tage
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Inta Audio is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Inta Audio of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 (or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 28 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Inta Audio.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Inta Audio to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369898 or email us at email@example.com.