Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Designed primarily for permanent studio installation, Focusrite’s Clarett 8PreX Thunderbolt audio interface offers an impressive 26 inputs and 28 outputs, including eight analogue inputs, 10 analogue outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O and 16 channels of ADAT I/O for the connection of addition inputs and outputs such as a multichannel digital mic pre or an external D/A for additional line outputs. The 2U rack-mount unit combines eight newly-designed Clarett mic preamps with class-leading dynamic range conversion and extraordinarily low round-trip latency – so low that plugins can be used while monitoring recordings through the DAW.
The new Clarett mic pre offers superbly low noise and distortion, plus the unique, switchable ‘Air’ effect that models the sound of Focusrite’s renowned ISA transformer-based preamps. It also features gain controls with a special law that makes changes smoother and more precise.
The Clarett 8PreX, like the rest of the Clarett range, includes class-leading precision Focusrite digital audio conversion with up to 118dB (A/D) / 119dB (D/A) real-world dynamic range, and combines it with the lowest round-trip latency available – making it possible to monitor recordings via effects plugins on the DAW such as reverberation, for the best possible recording environment.
A central metering and monitoring panel provides ten 6-segment LED meters covering analogue and digital inputs and monitor levels, with a large-diameter monitor level control knob plus mute and dim buttons. There are two independently-controlled headphone outputs on the front panel, with enough level to drive even high impedance headphones to provide suitable monitoring levels.
A new software mixer, Focusrite Control, is included for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control also allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Every Clarett also includes the Red 2 & Red 3 AAX, AU & VST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite’s classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
Word Clock I/O is provided, allowing the Clarett 8PreX to either provide the master clock for the system or to be clocked from an external master digital device.
There’s never been a better, faster or easier way of getting audio into or out of a DAW.
The heart of the studio
Specially designed for studio installation, Clarett 8PreX includes separate rear panel inputs for mic, line and instrument, as well as ADAT I/O to add 16 more channels, dedicated phantom power, phase reverse and high pass filters on every channel.
Eight New Clarett Mic Pres with extra ‘Air’
The mic pres have been designed especially for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion. In addition, they feature a special “Air” feature that switches in an analogue model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre. Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup.
Use DAW plugins in real time
Latency is the delay to a signal as it passes through your DAW system from interface input to interface output. Clarett Thunderbolt offers the world’s shortest. Signals go round so fast that you can record and monitor through your DAW with plugins such as EQ or compression.
Precision digital conversion
Clarett features Focusrite’s class-leading conversion quality: with up to 119dB dynamic range, Clarett offers the cleanest way yet to get music in and out of your DAW.
Exceptional I/O capability
26 audio inputs and 28 outputs within a 2U rack space, including 8 analogue inputs, 10 analogue outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O and 16 channels of ADAT I/O. Connect up to 16 more mic preamps over ADAT for a 24 channel microphone setup.
Accessible metering and monitoring
Central panel provides analogue and digital input levels, and main monitor outputs, via a 6-segment, multichannel hardware meter. Accessible monitor features include a large-diameter level control, plus dim and mute buttons.
Dual high-power headphone outputs
Two wide dynamic range headphone outputs powerful enough to deliver plenty of level even on high impedance headphones – perfect for tracking and mixing.
Software Mixer for maximum control
Focusrite Control is a brand new software mixer designed for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer
Simultaneous I/O:26 x 28
Analog Inputs:10 x 1/4", 8 x XLR
Analog Outputs:10 x 1/4"
Digital Inputs:2 x Optical, 1 x Coax
Digital Outputs:2 x Optical, 1 x Coax
Number of Preamps:8
Clock I/O:2 x Word Clock
Digital Downloads (buying software)
All software marked as "serial download" or "digital download" will be delivered via email within normal office hours.
Simply add the software to the basket and at the delivery stage in the checkout please select "Digital Download - Software by email" as your delivery method
Delivery Charges (Main Products)
All orders over £20.00 will be delivered free via our standard delivery 2-3 days (UK Mainland)
If you need your item faster we also offer a Priority Tracked service at £3.99 (1-2 days) or Next Day Tracked £5.99
(please ensure you add a mobile number to your order for tracking)
Saturday delivery is available when ordered before 2pm (Mon-Fri)
All orders below £20.00 will start as low as £1.99 depending upon weight and qty(s) (UK Mainland)
All Delivery options will be available at the delivery stage in the checkout
EU Delivery Times
Non UK Mainland Addresses please allow 1-3 Days
Delivery To Belgium / France / Germany please allow 3-4 Days
Music PC Systems - Please allow 5-7 Working Days build time (UK) 7-14 (Rest of the World)
French - Pour la Livraison s'il vous plaît permet en France 2-4 Jours
German - Für Lieferung Nach Deutschland erlaubt bitte 2-4 Tage
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Inta Audio is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Inta Audio of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 (or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 28 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Inta Audio.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Inta Audio to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369898 or email us at email@example.com.