The ISA 220 Session Pack provides all the audio precision tools required to infuse your session with Focusrite’s renowned sonic performance. It features many of the original circuits of the flagship ISA 430 MKII Producer Pack, and also includes some new facilities of its own. It also features the same digital output option as the original ISA 430, providing you with a high quality digital route direct from the ISA 220 into your digital recording system.
The ISA 220 starts with the classic Focusrite transformer-coupled microphone pre amp, with phantom power and phase reverse. A four-band Focusrite EQ section follows, based on the EQ circuits featured in the ISA 430 and ISA 110. The compressor features a proprietary Class A VCA with side-chain circuitry, and can be placed in the signal flow before the EQ at the press of a button, if desired. Also included is a unique feature labelled “Blend”, which provides a means of achieving smoother compression at extreme settings by mixing uncompressed source signal along with the compressed portion.
The ISA220 also features an opto-based de-esser which uses a combination of EQ and phase cancellation to create a smoother and less obtrusive result. Last but not least, a frequency adaptive, 3-band limiter is provided to ensure distortion-free limiting.
For visual reference, ISA 220 provides a classic analogue VU style meter which can be switched to display input or compressor gain-reduction levels. A pair of 16 segment LED meters are included to display output levels, both analogue and digital in conjunction with the optional 24-bit/96 kHz stereo digital output (AES/EBU, S/PDIF & TOSLINK) card. This card offers 44.1 - 96 kHz operation and can be used as a high-quality mono / stereo tracking converter, or at mix down as a stereo converter for final mastering.
The Focusrite design for the original ISA110 EQ was commissioned as a custom rack for Air Montserrat, and later at George Martin’s personal request, for the custom Neve at Air London, (these units are still working at Air Lyndhurst today.) But what makes the Focusrite EQ so special?
The design, like most great designs, is relatively simple; a classic six band EQ, with shelving high and low bands, parametric low mid and high mid bands, and low and high pass filters. The HF and LF shelving EQ’s are unique – they are an implementation of the legendary Baxandall circuit designed in the 1950’s. The EQ is inherently expensive to build as a circuit; most typical shelving filters are variable resistance, fixed capacitance, but the design featured instead variable resistance for gain and variable capacitance for frequency. The positive benefit of this high-end design is that there is no interrelation between EQ bands, (making a change to one band has zero effect on another band,) and that the EQ is virtually noiseless.
The HF and LF EQ features switched capacitor circuits, rather than a variable resistor circuit. (The shape of the shelving filter in the case of a variable resistor circuit varies according to the frequency, thus shelving response is not pure, it’s shallow at one point, steep at another.) With the ISA 110, this switched capacitor circuit means the Q is constant, and the EQ slope is constant, meaning accurate, predictable, beautiful results.
The high-mid and low-mid EQ bands are fully parametric, and are a full implementation of the state variable circuit configuration – separate amplifiers for the Q, and for low-mid/high-mid gain. The usual cheap way to simulate this is to implement a compromise – a gyrator mid-band peaking circuit – but cutting corners in this way invariably means a poor imitation of the real thing. The Focusrite way has, from the beginning, been to choose the solution that sounded best then minimise cost through elegant design.
Inst. Hi Z I/P
• Noise: -96dBu
• THD: 0.003% with 0dBu
• Noise: 123dB EIN with 150 Ohm input resistance at 60dB of gain
• THD: 0.0008%
• Threshold Range: -28dB to +12dB
• Ratio: 1.5:1 to 10:1
• Slope: Soft knee
• Attack: 500ms to 25ms
• Release: 100ms to 4s, variable or auto (program dependent)
• Threshold Range: 22dB
• Frequency Range: 2k2 to 9k2
• Ratio at Centre Frequency: 2:1
• Threshold Range: 20dBu
• Ratio: infinite (Brick Wall)
• Attack: Frequency dependent
• 484mm (W) x 85mm (H) x 250mm (D)
• 19" (W) x 3.5" (H) x 9.8" (D)
Digital Downloads (buying software)
All software marked as "serial download" or "digital download" will be delivered via email within normal office hours.
Simply add the software to the basket and at the delivery stage in the checkout please select "Digital Download - Software by email" as your delivery method
Delivery Charges (Main Products)
All orders over £20.00 will be delivered free via our standard delivery 2-3 days (UK Mainland)
If you need your item faster we also offer a Priority Tracked service at £3.99 (1-2 days) or Next Day Tracked £5.99
(please ensure you add a mobile number to your order for tracking)
Saturday delivery is available when ordered before 2pm (Mon-Fri)
All orders below £20.00 will start as low as £1.99 depending upon weight and qty(s) (UK Mainland)
All Delivery options will be available at the delivery stage in the checkout
EU Delivery Times
Non UK Mainland Addresses please allow 1-3 Days
Delivery To Belgium / France / Germany please allow 3-4 Days
Music PC Systems - Please allow 5-7 Working Days build time (UK) 7-14 (Rest of the World)
French - Pour la Livraison s'il vous plaît permet en France 2-4 Jours
German - Für Lieferung Nach Deutschland erlaubt bitte 2-4 Tage
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Inta Audio is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Inta Audio of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 (or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 28 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Inta Audio.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Inta Audio to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369898 or email us at email@example.com.