When your device has been registered you will then have access to any downloads/plugins.
This high-quality firewire interface and preamp solution offers 16 mic inputs and outputs, expanding the analogue i/o of the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, plus 2 separate headphone buses. This bundle is ideal for recording live bands or for studio use - integrating studio outboard gear into your DAW setup.
1x Focusrite Saffire Pro40 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
1x Focsurite OctoPre MKII 8 Channel Preamp
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Firewire / Thunderbolt Audio Interface - Represents the new generation of Focusrite multi-channel firewire audio interfaces. It is the best sounding saffire interface in its class; attentively designed by Focusrite with today’s project studio in mind.
Focusrite's unparalleled pre-amp legacy forms the foundation of this new saffire interface, with eight award-winning Focusrite pre-amps. These are combined with the very latest in firewire interfacing technology to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and future-proof, rock-solid driver stability.
With Saffire PRO 40, sonic integrity reigns supreme. The eight Focusite pre-amps ensure low noise and distortion, whilst quality digital conversion and JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology ensure pristine audio quality as your audio flows between the analogue and digital domains of your Saffire Pro 40.
Alongside the eight Focusrite pre-amps are a host of i/o options; 10 analogue outputs, ADAT i/o, stereo SPDIF i/o and 2 virtual ‘loopback’ inputs for routing digital audio between software applications. Every channel features phantom power, with the first two channels also featuring -9dB pads for additional headroom. Front panel 5-LED metering for each analogue input offers accurate viewing of levels.
Focusrite Xcite+ Software Bundle
Saffire PRO 40 comes with the Focusrite plug-in suite. All-new Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins provide a significant upgrade from standard sequencer effects, bringing a touch of class to your session. Focusrite’s established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle includes Ableton Live Lite, Novation’s Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples.
Saffire PRO 40 Control, the zero-latency 18 x 16 DSP Mixer/Router software provided with Saffire PRO 40, sets a new standard at this price point for audio interface control. It features unparalleled output routing and monitoring, as well as intuitive one-click solutions, a clear and concise mixing layout and large on-screen metering for inputs, outputs and submixes.
Two independent headphone buses are provided, each with their own level controls available on the front panel. A dedicated stereo monitor mix output features pads for improved sound quality when connected to active monitor speakers. An 'anti-thump' circuit protects your monitor speakers from spikes when booting up or shutting down. Front panel controls include a main monitor dial with dim and mute switches, all of which fully integrate with customisable software to cover every possible monitoring need, providing a set of controls for any set-up from basic stereo to full 7.1 surround.
- Eight High Quality Award-winning Focusrite Pre-amps
The best sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's unparalleled pre-amp legacy forms the foundation of this new interface, with eight award-winning Focusrite pre-amps.
- High Quality 24-bit/96kHz Firewire Interface
Features high quality A-D / D-A conversion and JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology; pristine audio quality and reliable synchronisation are guaranteed.
- Total I/O Count of 20 Inputs and 20 Outputs
A host of i/o options are provided*, including a unique loop-back facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire PRO 40 Control.
- The Focusrite Plug-in Suite
Upgrade your standard sequencer effects and bring a touch of class to your session with all-new Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins.
- Two separate headphone buses
Two artists can receive independent and fully customised monitor mixes. Each output has an independent level control available on the front panel.
- Saffire PRO 40 Control Zero-latency DSP Mixer/Router
Routing flexibility and intuitive one-click set-up solutions; Saffire PRO 40 Control provides an 18 x 16 DSP mixer with excellent output routing and monitoring capabilities.
- Unmatched routing flexibility
Saffire PRO 40 is the most flexible interface in its class, able to adapt to any recording session quickly and intuitively. The user is able to route any input signal or DAW output, or a mix of both, to any of the 20 outputs.
Octopre MKII Main Features
Eight high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps
The best sounding multi-channel mic pre in its class.
Built-in eight channel 24-bit / 96 kHz digital output
Make the most of your interface’s ADAT input. OctoPre MkII connects via its built-in Lightpipe output, with a ‘real world’ dynamic range performance of 110dB.
Mic preamps optimised for tracking drums
OctoPre MkII is designed not to clip, with preamps optimised to handle extreme levels from sound sources like kick drum and snare.
Two quality Hi-Z instrument inputs
OctoPre MkII’s first two channels feature DI’s, ready for you to plug in your guitars and bass, instantly accessible on the front fascia.
5 LED input metering on every channel
OctoPre MkII’s fast-acting 5-LED input meters provide clear reference of input levels, helping you to avoid analogue or digital clipping.
-10dB Pads on every channel
OctoPre MkII is drum-ready, with 10dB pads to stop hot signals from overdriving the microphone preamp.
Direct outputs on every channel
For routing and flexibility, especially in the live environment. Each mic pre can be routed to the mixer’s analogue channels, with two mirrored ADAT outputs (44.1) left free to send to digital recorders.
48V Phantom power available on every channel
Switched in two groups (1-4 and 5-8) every channel is capable of supplying phantom power, for use with most condenser microphones.
State-of-the-art clocking solutions
OctoPre MkII's internal clock delivers a jitter performance of < 10 PPM. For external clocks, a BNC connector is provided and industry-standard JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology is employed.
- Input clip and Compression active LEDs on every channel
- 5 LED input metering on every channel
- Phantom power available on every channel (switched in two groups: 1-4 and 5-8)
- 24-bit resolution, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz sampling rates
- Internal clocking, master clocking and external clocking via BNC or ADAT
Focusrite OctoPre MKII
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB.
- THD+N: 0.001% (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter).
- Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analogue to digital): measured at ~60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter).
- Mic Gain: +10dB to + 55 dB
- Input Pad: ~-10 dB
- Phantom power switched in 2 x 4 channel groups (1-4 and 5-8)
- Maximum input level: +8 dBu (+17 dBu with pad on input)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB.
- THD+N: < 0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter).
- Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter).
- Line 1-8 Gain: -10 dB to +36 dB
- Line maximum input level: +22 dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB.
- THD+N: 0.004% (measured with 0dBu input and 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter).
- Noise: -87dBu (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter).
- Instrument Gain: +10 dB to +55 dB
- Maximum input level: +8 dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 0.2dB.
- THD+N < 0.0010% (-100dB) (measured with 0dBFS input 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter, un-weighted).
- Nominal output level @ 0dBFS: 16 dBu, balanced
- A/D Dynamic Range 110dB 'A-weighted' (all inputs).
- JetPLL™ Technology providing superb jitter reduction for class leading converter performance.
- Clock Jitter < 250 pico seconds.
- Sample Rate Clock Accuracy: +/- 20PPM.
- Sample rates: 44.1kHz to 96kHz.
- Clock Sources: Internal and Word Clock.
- W = 484mm / 19”, H = 45mm / 1.8”, D = 265mm / 10.4”
FRONT AND REAR CONNECTIVITY
Analogue Channel Inputs:
- 2x Mic / Line / Instrument inputs on the front panel (Instrument selected via front panel button)
- 6x Mic / Line inputs on the rear panel. Switches automatically between Mic (XLR) and Line (TRS)
Analogue Channel Outputs:
- 8x Balanced 1/4" TRS Jack on the rear panel
Digital Channel Outputs:
- 2x ADAT Lightpipe (TOSLINK) outputs. Provides 8 channels per port (16 total) at 44.1 and 48kHz.
- Provide 4 channels per port (8 total) at 88.2 and 96kHz (S-MUX).
*Note that when running at 44.1 or 48kHz, the digital outputs are mirrored, providing outputs 1 - 8 on both ports.
Front Panel Indicators:
- 8x Five segment input LED meters (-42, -18, -6, -3 and 0dBFS)
- 4x Sample Rate LED's (44.1k, 48k, 88.2k and 96k)
- 2x Sync Source LED's (Internal and Word Clock)
- 'Lock' indicator LED
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (32 bit and 64 bit) and Windows Vista (32 bit and 64 bit - an update is required for use with Vista 64. This can be downloaded from here.)
900MHz AMD or Pentium. (1.5 GHz or higher recommended)
512 MB (more recommended)
OSX (10.4 and 10.5)
PowerPC G4/Dual 1 GHZ or faster or any Intel-based Mac
512 MB (more recommended)
• Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
• THD+N: 0.001% (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
• Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analogue to digital) (measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
• Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
• THD+N: < 0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
• Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
• Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
• THD+N: 0.004% (measured with 0dBu input and 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
• Noise: -87dBu (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
• Dynamic Range = 110dB (A-wieghted)
• Clock jitter < 250 picoseconds
• THD+N AMPL = -109dBFS 'A' weighted
Front and Rear Connectivity
Analogue Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-8)
• 2 Mic/Line/Inst Combo XLR (Inputs 1 and 2)
• 6 Mic/Line Combo XLR (Inputs 3-8)
• Automatic switching of Mic / Line (e.g. inserting a jack switches from Mic to either Line or Instrument)
Digital Channel Inputs (Inputs 9-18) 44.1-96kHz
• Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
• 8 ADAT inputs on Optical Connector, reduces to 4 inputs at 88.2/96kHz • Optical input can be switched to S/PDIF 3/4 in software preferences (ADATs disabled)
Analogue Audio Outputs (Outputs 1-10)
• 8 ¼” TRS Jack (Outputs 3-10)
• 2 monitor mix outputs on ¼” TRS Jack (Outputs 1 and 2)
• Stereo headphones mix 1 on ¼” TRS (also routed to outputs 7 & 8)
• Stereo Headphones mix 2 on ¼” TRS (also routed to outputs 9 & 10)
Digital Channel Outputs (Outputs 11-20) 44.1-96kHz
• Stereo S/PDIF output on RCA
• 8 ADAT outputs on Optical Connector, reduces to 4 outputs at 88.2/96kHz • Optical output can be switched to S/PDIF 3/4 in software preferences (ADATs disabled)
• 2 6-pin Firewire sockets
• 2 Standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors: In and Out
• IEC mains power input connector
Weight and Dims
• 3kg / 6.6Ibs
• 482mm / 19" (W) x 45mm / 1.8" (H) x 265mm /10.4" (D)
Focusrite OctoPre MKII with Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Bundle
All orders over £20.00 will be delivered free via our standard delivery 2-4 days (UK Mainland)
If you need your item faster we also offer a Priority Tracked service at £3.99 (1-2 days) or Next Day Tracked £5.99
(please ensure you add a mobile number to your order for tracking)
Saturday delivery is available when ordered before 2pm (Mon-Fri)
All orders below £20.00 will start as low as £2.49 depending upon weight and qty(s) (UK Mainland)
All Delivery options will be available at the checkout
EU Delivery Times
Non UK Mainland Addresses please allow 1-3 Days
Delivery To Belgium / France / Germany please allow 3-4 Days
Music PC Systems - Please allow 5- 7 Working Days build time (UK) 7-14 (Rest of the World)
French - Pour la Livraison s'il vous plaît permet en France 2-4 Jours
German - Für Lieferung Nach Deutschland erlaubt bitte 2-4 Tage
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Inta Audio is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Inta Audio of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369897 (or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 28 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Inta Audio.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Inta Audio to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369897 or email us at email@example.com.