The RC-202 from BOSS is ideal for club performers, electronic musicians and beatboxers and packs powerful looping and multi effects in an amazingly compact tabletop unit. Based on the popular RC-505 Loop Station, the two-track RC-202 offers the distinctive look and fingertip interface style of its big brother, plus a host of new features. Four Input FX and four Track FX are available at once, and loops can be saved to memories in real time for seamless creative expression while performing. Expanded foot control and MIDI capabilities are also included, ideal for looping musicians who have their hands occupied with guitar, keyboards, and other instruments.
Boss RC-202 Main Features
Two Stereo Tracks and 64 Phrase Memories
The RC-202 offers two stereo loops with dedicated fingertip controls and animated status indicators. You also have 64 phrase memories for storing and recalling your live loop creations, organized in eight different banks for easy access while performing. As you work, you can save your loops to the current phrase memory without ever stopping playback. This convenient feature lets you seamlessly save and switch memories to perform different song structures and ever-evolving arrangements.
Equipped with powerful multi-effects capabilities, the RC-202 offers more real-time processing than any other looper. Four Input FX and four Track FX are available simultaneously, with numerous effects types on tap for loop creation and playback. As you record, you can enhance the sound with Input FX like P. Shift, Lo-Fi, Ring Mod, and more. Track FX such as Beat, Filter, Slicer, and others provide DJ and sampler effects for high-impact processing during playback. The effects can be quickly adjusted with large, easy-to-grab knobs, and turned on/off as you go via dedicated panel buttons.
Powerful Performance Control
The RC-202’s panel is filled with hands-on buttons and knobs for maximum creative control while looping. There’s also a jack for connecting up to two footswitches or an expression pedal. Via MIDI, extensive control is possible from a MIDI foot controller or keyboard. MIDI also allows for synchronization with an RC-505 or a second RC-202, as well as drum machines and other devices.
Audio Connections and USB
The RC-202 is outfitted with an XLR mic input, mono/stereo instrument inputs, and a stereo aux input. All inputs can be used at once, letting you capture and mix multiple audio sources as you build loops. It’s also possible to send a click track to headphones only, a great feature for monitoring while performing. Via USB, you can plug into your computer to archive WAV loops or load up RC-202 phrases with live backing tracks or sounds for sampler-style triggering. The RC-202 also functions as a USB audio/MIDI interface, making it easy integrate with music software for stage performing with a laptop, audio recording, MIDI sync, and more.
Nominal Input Level
INPUT MIC (variable): -40 dBu (typ.), -10 dBu (max)
INPUT INST: -10 dBu
AUX IN: -20 dBu
INPUT MIC: 4 k ohms
INPUT INST: 1 M ohm
AUX IN: 22 k ohms
Nominal Output Level
OUTPUT: -10 dBu
OUTPUT: 1 k ohm
Recommended Load Impedance
OUTPUT: 10 k ohms or greater
Maximum Recording Time: Approx. 3 hours (stereo)
Maximum Phrase Memory: 8 Memory x 8 Bank
Number of Tracks: 2
Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
Effect Type(INPUT FX/TRACK FX)
GUITAR TO BASS
BEAT REPEAT *1
BEAT SHIFT *1
BEAT SCATTER *1
VINYL FLICK *1
*1 TRACK FX only
Effect Type (MASTER FX)
7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
Mass Storage Class
INPUT MIC jack: XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max) INPUT INST (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
Phones jack: Stereo miniature phone type
OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
CTL 1, 2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
USB port: USB B Type
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
DC IN jack
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Options (sold separately)
Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7
Expression pedal: Roland EV-5, FV-500L, FV-500H
Size and Weight
Weight(excluding AC Adaptor)
2lbs. 2 oz.
Please note free delivery cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, for example discount codes.
Normal Charges are:
All orders over £20.00 (excluding PC systems) will be delivered free (UK Mainland)
All orders below £20.00 will start as low as £2.49 depending upon weight and qty(s)
Typically most items such as an Audio Interface or a Microphone would cost £5.49. (UK Mainland)
Delivery of PC Systems is £19.99. (This includes Insurance and Packing Materials)
UK Mainland 1-2 Days
Non UK Mainland Addresses please allow 1-3 Days
Delivery To Belgium / France / Germany please allow 2-3 Days
Music PC Systems - Please allow 5- 7 Working Days (UK) 7-14 (Rest of the World)
French - Pour la Livraison s'il vous plaît permet en France 2-3 Jours
German - Für Lieferung Nach Deutschland erlaubt bitte 2-3 Tage
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Inta Audio is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Inta Audio of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369897 (or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 28 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Inta Audio.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Inta Audio to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369897 or email us at email@example.com.