Rode Blimp 2 - Wind Shield and Shock Mount System - Australian Microphone Manufacturer and recording pioneer RODE continue to strive towards excellence in their product range, and even know when one of their most beloved products needs a bit of an update. Since 2008 the RODE Blimp has been the industry standard for microphone suspension and isolation, but now the new and improved Rode Blimp 2 will take that crown and we here at Inta Audio love the new features.
First of all the handle has been completely redesigned with a more skeletal form to take away the bulkiness and now features a cable clip to keep it out the way. A boom pole mount is fixed to the bottom with the xlr cable hanging onto it to make sure it doesn't move anywhere.
The blimp also features a brand new Rycote Lyre Suspension System onboard. This is the most effective suspension Rode have ever come across so it was important to integrate this into the new version. The Lyre is made from a single piece of thermoplastic so it will never bend, snap or sag which is great as you'll never have any elastic suspension bands to change...or lose!
Now featuring a new cable called the 'Blimp Pro Cable', this heavy-duty mogami cable goes into a fixed junction box and then splits into a much thinner cable. This thinner cable is far more flexible and will stop any kind of vibrations from the thicker cable. Terminating this cable is a neutrik connection, which during lab testes, rode found to be the most effective in isolating handling noise and making sure no rattlinig or resonances got through to the mic. There is also a fixed cable grommet so as to stop it getting lost as this seemed to be an issue with the previous model.
One side of the Blimp internal rail has a spacing guide on it to ensure the lyres are always in the same place to achieve perfect shock-mounting. This rail also includes it's own dampening system to stop lateral movements from getting to the microphone.
RODE Blimp FAQ's
Can you sum up briefly the main improvements to the new Rode Blimp?
The new Blimp design is over 25% lighter (550gm without microphone or DeadWombat fitted). There has also been significant changes to the handle design and cable management, and of course the new Rycote Lyre Suspension system takes care of shock-mounting.
I have a shotgun mic but it isn't a Rode mic, will it still fit?
Rode state that most third party shotgun mic's up to 325mm (12 ¾”) in length will fit.
Why did RODE introduce the 'Rycote Lyre' suspension system?
Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
Does the blimp come with any accessories?
The Dead Wombat windshield, caring brush and tail/patch cable are included.
Can I remove the handle if I do not require it?
The Blimp attaches to any standard boompole via 3/8" thread attachment at the base. The Universal Blimp Mount is available as an option to remove the handle when the Blimp is being used primarily on a boompole to reduce weight.
*Please note the ten year warranty excludes normal wear and tear of Dead Wombat furry cover or any misuse, modification or improper storage and transportation of the product*
*Microphone not included*
Dimensions: 285.00mmH x 490.00mmW x 125.00mmD
All orders over £20.00 will be delivered free via our standard delivery 2-4 days (UK Mainland)
If you need your item faster we also offer a Priority Tracked service at £3.99 (1-2 days) or Next Day Tracked £5.99
(please ensure you add a mobile number to your order for tracking)
Saturday delivery is available when ordered before 2pm (Mon-Fri)
All orders below £20.00 will start as low as £2.49 depending upon weight and qty(s) (UK Mainland)
All Delivery options will be available at the checkout
EU Delivery Times
Non UK Mainland Addresses please allow 1-3 Days
Delivery To Belgium / France / Germany please allow 3-4 Days
Music PC Systems - Please allow 5- 7 Working Days build time (UK) 7-14 (Rest of the World)
French - Pour la Livraison s'il vous plaît permet en France 2-4 Jours
German - Für Lieferung Nach Deutschland erlaubt bitte 2-4 Tage
On delivery you must inspect the goods carefully for damage as Inta Audio is unable to accept responsibility for damage in transit, shortage of delivery or loss of products unless the customer advises Inta Audio of such within three working days from the date of delivery.
We ask that you follow these guidelines to help us process your return as quickly and efficiently as possible:
1. Please keep your order reference to hand. This confirms your original order and gives us the necessary details to authorise the product’s return.
2. Contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369897 (or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). We will then send you an RMA number and returns form which needs to be completed and sent back with the returned item(s).
3. (If the order has been unpacked) re-package it to ensure that it is being returned in its original condition. Please make sure all items relating to the product are returned, including manuals and cables.
4. When returning an item please obtain a ‘proof of postage’ receipt from the Courier.
Returned items must be mailed within 10 days of when the RMA Number has been issued. Items received with a post date 30 days after your requested return will NOT be eligible for refund.
Please note: Our returns policy is quite straightforward but there are a number of conditions that we ask our customers to comply with before applying:
1. It is your responsibility to request a return. If you don’t tell us you want to make a return, we don’t know. Once you do tell us, we will do everything we can to action it.
2. If you have not requested a return within 28 days of receiving an order, we will have assumed that you are intending to keep it and we will not authorise a return.
3. We always refund the payment according to how the original purchase was made and aim to do so within 72hrs of the return being received by us.
4. Returned goods are liable for a restocking fee of 15% towards handling and repackaging if the order is not returned in its original, unopened packaging. This charge will be subject to our inspection of the returned goods.
5. Delivery charges will not be refunded unless the delivered goods are faulty.
6. Replacement products are dispatched immediately after the returned goods have been received and accepted by Inta Audio.
7. Items that develop a fault within 30 days of delivery are eligible for a replacement or a refund. Delivery costs are also reimbursed for faulty items. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 02476 369898 if you believe your item has developed a fault.
Finally, please remember that notifying us of your intention to apply for a return, saving the delivery paperwork and keeping the order in its original packaging will help both you and Inta Audio to process the return quickly.
If you have any questions about our Returns policy please telephone us on 02476 369897 or email us at email@example.com.